How grill the perfect chicken on a charcoal bbq?
BBQ chicken is one of the recipes that I think everyone likes and even more so if we talk about making a good chicken on a charcoal barbecue. Just thinking about it is drooling me …
The ingredients that we are going to need are quite simple and then we are going to give you tips and recommendations so that your guests are impressed with that meal.
What is the recipe for barbecue chicken?
The first thing is to go to a good place to choose a good meat, as you well know. Furthermore the raw material covers almost the entire percentage. Then the recipe that we are going to give you below for four people or 5 maximum.
- We will need about 2 kilos of chicken
- Four cloves of garlic
- Lemon zest
- A little black pepper
- 120 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- A little bit of salt
Preparation of the BBQ Chicken
1. Therefore for this bbq chicken recipe to be a success it is important to leave it marinated for 3 and a half to four hours before starting to cook on the charcoal barbecue. Then the chicken should be clean but with the skin so that it is scorched and crispy.
2. First, put the chicken in a large freezer bag. Then we must put the very chopped garlic, salt, lemon, pepper and olive oil. While all the seasoned is in the bag with the chicken, we must let it rest in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
3. Now it's time to prepare the charcoal barbecue. Again it is not complicated but it takes time. After that you must place newspaper, wood and charcoal, once it is making embers let it rest for about 20 minutes. Then when the fire is uniform you can place the chicken, but do not place it if you do not have the right embers.
4. The grill should be placed a few inches away from the embers. Also leave the meat cooking for about 45 minutes over low heat.
5. In fact do not add more charcoal while the chicken is cooking because of a strange flavor remains.
6. At 30 minutes we must turn the chicken so that it is done on both sides.
7. Once the chicken is ready, you should remove it and let it rest for about 10 minutes so that it has more flavor.